History

 

Below is a historical overview of the creation and development of the Faculty of Georesources and Materials Engineering.

1870 Foundation of the "Königlich Rheinisch-Westfälischen Polytechnischen Schule zu Aachen“
1880 Department of Mining, Metallurgy, and Chemistry
1922/23 Faculty of Materials Management
1940/41 Faculty of Mining and Metallurgy
1986 Faculty of Mining, Metallurgy, and Geosciences
2002 Addition of Institute of Geography
2004 Remaned Faculty of Georesources and Materials Engineering