Below is a historical overview of the creation and development of the Faculty of Georesources and Materials Engineering.
|1870||Founding of the "Königlich Rheinisch-Westfälischen Polytechnischen Schule zu Aachen“|
|1880||Department of Mining, Metallurgy, and Chemistry|
|1922/23||Faculty of Materials Management|
|1940/41||Faculty of Mining and Metallurgy|
|1986||Faculty of Mining, Metallurgy, and Geosciences|
|2002||Addition of Institute of Geography|
|2004||Remaned Faculty of Georesources and Materials Engineering|