1. Assessment of eligibility for admission
Graduates who wish to enroll for a doctoral program at the Faculty of Georesources and Materials Engineering must submit an application for assessment of eligibility for admission immediately after obtaining confirmation from a professor confirming his or her willingness to act as an advisor. You are required to enclose the following documents with your application:
- Letter of application
- Notice of Readiness of the Professor to act as advisor (original)
- Tabular curriculum vitae (signed and dated)
- Bachelor and Master Certificate and Testimonial (authenticated copies)
- Statement of previous applications for enrollment in a doctoral program (integrated in application letter)
- Data Collection form for the doctoral student statistics (online delivery to "PromoDat" request)
Attention: The data collection form has to be completed electronically (see explanation) by all doctoral students and sent online to: PromoDat@fb5.rwth-aachen.de.
By submitting the initial application for admission to a doctorate (§ 12) and the data collection form, you have approved the doctoral regulations of Faculty 5 as well as the principles for ensuring good scientific pratice at RWTH Aachen University. In the application according to § 13, when you submit your completed dissertation, you must submit a written statement of these principles and provide evidence of participation in the course "Good Scientific Practice" (see https://www.rwth-aachen.de/cms/root/Die-RWTH/Profil/~efbfc/Wissenschaftliche-Integritaet/?lidx=1).
If you obtained your degree from a non-German university you are also required to enclose:
- Translations of certificates into German or English (authenticated copies)
- A copy of subject grades/transcripts and their translations into German or English (authenticated copies)
2. Doctoral Committee
The Doctoral Committee decides on the acceptance or rejection (with or without additional requirements) of doctoral candidates. You will be informed in writing of the Doctorate Committee's decision.
In case of a confirmed fulfillment of the admission requirements for doctoral studies by the doctoral committee, a supervision agreement according to Annex 2 Doctoral Regulations of the Faculty of Georesources and Materials Engineering is required (see download).
The supervision agreement is managed at the respective chair.
Winter term 2022/23: 17/10/2022 / 28/11/2022 / 23/01/2023
Summer term 2023: 24/04/2023 / 19/06/2023 / 28/08/2023
Application documents must be submitted min. 2 weeks before.