Initiation of Process
3. Initiation of the doctoral procedure
The Doctoral Committee initiates the doctoral procedure when a written application, accompanied by all the required documents, is submitted to the Dean's office. These documents include:
- Letter of application
- 4 copies of the doctoral thesis (5 if there are three supervisors)
- Abstract (2 pages) (German and English)
- A current curriculum vitae (signed and dated)
- Certificates which have not yet been submitted to the Dean's office
- Certificate of good conduct (see Basic Information)
- List of all publications and a copy of each
- Statutory declaration about doing the thesis autonomously
- If the doctoral thesis was not written at RWTH Aachen, we require written confirmation that the publication of the thesis does not breach any existing trade secrets.
- Declaration about the ensurance of "Scientific best practice"