Initiation of Process
3. Initiation of the Doctoral Procedure
The Doctoral Committee initiates the doctoral procedure when a written application, accompanied by all the required documents, is submitted to the Dean's office. The documents to be submitted depend on the doctoral regulations.
For your application you need:
- Letter of application according to § 13, see template
- one hardcopy of the doctoral thesis in A4 format and glue binding, electronic version on data carrier
- Abstract in German and English (max. 2 pages each)
- a current curriculum vitae (original, signed and dated)
- Bachelor and Master Certificate and Testimonial which have not yet been submitted to the Dean's office as authorized copies
- Certificate of good conduct (document type O, see Basic Information; in the case of employees in the public or church service, a confirmation of submission can be issued by the personnel department)
- List of all publications
- Statutory declaration about doing the thesis autonomously (integrated in template)
- Declaration on the assurance of good scientific practice according to § 13 para. 3 lit. g) (integrated in template)
- proof that you have attended and successfully completed the course "Good Scientific Practice" or "Scientific Integrity" of RWTH Aachen University or an equivalent course from another institution (ONLY for applications according to § 12 after 01/10/2020 - the date of the application is decisive)
- If the doctoral thesis was not written at RWTH Aachen, we require a written confirmation that the publication of the thesis does not breach any existing trade secrets.